Place your Ad here for $30 a month. I bet it's a great way to show off !
Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? Please Sign In or Apply for membership now!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAdmin
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008 edited

This forum is a common platform for all those who'd like to learn and discuss about SEO (For free yeah!). The threads may range across basic SEO to advanced Online Marketing Strategies, but primarily this is a discussion room and not a support platform. So, if you have any sort of simple doubts that you think discussing with a community will sort, you are at the right place.

If you want one on one consultation and guaranteed support, you'll have to hire me.

Some guidelines for users since there is no police around here.

- When asking questions, give all the details, like URL, stats etc so that people who can't read mind will benefit and save time.

- Be courteous please, everyone likes gentlemen.

- Try to help each other by sharing information, many a times, we don't talk, and that's a big problem.

- Everyone will appreciate you if you'll give it back. They are as busy as you.

- I have a set of clients (some gentlemen who pay me and let me live) to take care of so please don't get annoyed if I'm not around.

- Please don't give out wrong information, if you are unsure of something, just let us know.

- And then all the other general rules of a forum apply here too.

Remember, there's no police around !
    •  
      CommentAuthorshilpa_seo
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2008

I have few query regarding Meta Tags. I am right now working on that and want to know a little more than just basics of it. The following are my queries:

1. What are the main points that has to be kept in mind while selecting targeting keywords in the title/description/keywords or how effectively one can choose target keywords?

2. what is the no of characters required in title/description or how much is required in keywords?

3. Apart from this basic strategy to get a high page rank(meta tags) anything else which helps in high page rank.

Currently, The above 3 are a main concern for me to do .Kindly, help me to solve this problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtul
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2008

Hi shilpa,

1. The keywords in the title and meta tag are to be decided based on the theme of the site,the keywords to target ,geographical location(if applicable).The title tag should be of 70 charcters.

2. The description tag should be compelling enough for someone to click and see your page, while also containing the keywords that are to be targetted. The description should not exceed 150 characters. It should incorporate the keywords and key phrases, which you think people will use when searching for your site. There are keyword selection tools which will help you identifying keyphrases.

3. There are many other things to consider for ranking like whether the site is seo friendly,link popularity. In the midst of all this don't forget the all important content. If the content is unique,relevant and well written,that can go a long way in helping it to achieve good ranking.
    My question is about bookmarking, if Bookmark in delicious will affect the search results ?.i mean increase site hits ?.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAdmin
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2008

It helps you get backlinks traceable on Yahoo but getting traffic is a completely different story.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrealgame84
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008

Hello! My blog is http://earthguide.blogspot.com. I have little experience so maybe you can help.
    Try searching on google for example : "japanese iq hiring test" and my post will appear the first.
    But it appears the Blog title too, and as i seen on other websites that should not appear. Maybe I've done something wrong, I don't know! Hope is a little bit clear now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAdmin
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2008

I did not quite understand the question. Sorry. Can you explain this further please? "But it appears the Blog title too, and as i seen on other websites that should not appear. "